Press Release Archives
- 01-06-2006 Water Resources Plentiful at End of December 2005; Chesapeake Bay Flow Normal in 2005
- 01-06-2006 Despite Recent Rain, Regional Streams Still Low
- 07-06-2005 Water Levels Fall as Summer Arrives
- 04-06-2005 March 2005 Water Levels Near Normal
- 03-04-2005 Flow Below Normal in Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay
- 02-07-2005 January 2005 Water Levels Normal to Above Normal
- 01-07-2005 2004 Ends with Normal to Above Normal Water Levels
- 12-04-2004 Water Levels Remain Generally Above Normal
- 11-04-2004 Dry October Causes Water Levels to Drop
- 10-06-2004 Highest September Flow to the Chesapeake Bay Since 1937
- 09-03-2004 August Hurricanes Raise Water Levels in Southern Maryland
- 08-06-2004 Localized Flooding in Northeastern Maryland and Delaware in July
- 07-07-2004 Water Levels Normal to Above Normal in June
- 06-04-2004 Streams Return to Normal Levels in Maryland and Delaware during May 2004
- 05-06-2004 Streams Rise to Above Normal Levels in Maryland
- 04-07-2004 Streamflow and Groundwater Levels Fell in March 2004
- 03-04-2004 Streamflow and Groundwater Levels Normal to Above Normal in February 2004
- 02-04-2004 Cold, Dry January Leads to Drop in Water Levels
- 01-06-2004 Wettest Year Leads to Record-High Water Levels Including Third Highest Flow to Chesapeake Bay in December and 2003
- 12-04-2003 More Record-High Water Levels in November 2003
- 11-04-2003 Record High Groundwater Levels in October 2003
- 10-03-2003 Flow to Chesapeake Bay in Water Year 2003 Second Highest Since 1937
- 09-05-2003 Third Consecutive Month of High Flow into the Chesapeake Bay
- 08-06-2003 Flow into Chesapeake Bay near Record High Levels
- 07-07-2003 Record Breaking High Water Levels in Maryland and Delaware
- 06-06-2003 Streamflow and Groundwater Levels High in May
- 05-07-2003 April Water Levels Normal
- 04-05-2003 Water Levels High in March - Water Restrictions Lifted
- 03-05-2003 Exceptionally Wet February Leads to High Water Levels
- 02-06-2003 Maryland and Delaware Streamflow and Groundwater Levels Remain Normal in January 2003
- 01-07-2003 2002: A Record-Setting Year for Low Groundwater Levels - Water Levels Recover to Normal in December 2002
- 12-01-2002 Hydrologic Drought Wanes as Water Levels Rise
- 11-01-2002 Water Levels Rise Across Maryland and Delaware,
But Drought Persists in Some Areas
- 10-03-2002 Water Levels Remain at Record-Setting Lows
- 09-05-2002 Groundwater in Parts of Maryland Reaches Lowest Levels Since 1962, Despite Late August Rains
- 08-06-2002 Drought Conditions Lead to 10 Record Low Monthly Groundwater Levels in July
- 07-03-2002 Record Low Water Levels Show the Effects of Long-Term Hydrologic Drought
- 06-04-2002 Groundwater Levels Reflect Long-Term Effects of Drought
- 05-02-2002 April Showers Not Enough to Raise Groundwater Levels
- 04-05-2002 The Drought in Full Bloom: Low Water Levels Result in Water Restrictions
- 12-03-2001 Record Low Water Levels Set in November
- 11-02-2001 Dry October Leads to Low Water Levels
- 10-05-2001 Water Levels Low in Northern Maryland
- 09-07-2001 Water Levels Stable in August
- 08-06-2001 High and Low Water Levels in July
- 07-06-2001 Water Levels Continued to Improve in June
- 06-06-2001 Needed Rain Helps Avert a Drought in May
- 05-08-2001 Water Levels Still Normal in April, but More Rain is Needed
- 04-05-2001 Spring Rains Help Water Levels
- 03-06-2001 Water Levels Improve, But Are Still Below Normal
- 02-06-2001 Streamflow Still Low in Maryland in January
- 01-05-2001 Streamflow to Chesapeake Bay in 2000 Reflects Dry Autumn
- 12-05-2000 Streamflow in Maryland Beginning to Show the Effects of Lack of Rain
- 11-07-2000 Despite Lack of Rain October Water Conditions near Normal
- 10-06-2000 September Water Conditions Above Normal in Maryland, Delaware, and D.C.
- 09-08-2000 August Water Conditions Above Normal in Maryland, Delaware, and D.C.
- 08-07-2000 July Water Conditions Continue Normal in Maryland, Delaware, and D.C.
- 07-07-2000 June Water Conditions Normal in Maryland, Delaware, and D.C.
- 06-06-2000 Water conditions begin to decline in Maryland, Delaware, and D.C.
- 05-05-2000 Water Conditions Continue to Improve in Maryland, Delaware, and D.C.
- 04-07-2000 Water Conditions Continue to Improve in Maryland, Delaware, and D.C.
- 03-07-2000 Water Conditions Improving in Maryland, Delaware, and D.C.
- 02-08-2000 January Streamflow and Groundwater Levels Still Low
- 01-06-2000 1999 Flow Into Chesapeake Bay Lowest Since 1960s Drought