Brandon J. Fleming, Hydrologist
U.S. Geological Survey
5522 Research Park Drive
Baltimore, Maryland 21228
Phone: (443) 498-5561
Fax: (443) 498-5561
- M.S. in Geosciences (Hydrogeology), University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2009.
- B.S. in Geology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2002.
Associations and Memberships
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Geologic Society of America (GSA)
- National Groundwater Association (NGWA)
- Reviewer, Hydrogeology Journal
- Reviewer, Journal of American Water Resources Association (JAWRA)
Research / Professional Focus / Current Projects
- Groundwater/Surface-Water/Climate Interactions
- Fractured Rock Hydrology
- Groundwater Flow Modeling
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Geophysical Techniques in Groundwater Investigations
- Project Chief: Maryland Fractured Rock Water Supply Study
- Project Chief: EPA Region 3 Groundwater Technical Assistance
Fleming, B.J., Hammond, P.A., Stranko, S.A., Duigon, M.T., and Kasraei, Saeid, 2012, A science plan for a comprehensive assessment of water supply in the region underlain by fractured rock in Maryland: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5160, 29 p.
Fleming, B.J., DeJong, B.D., and Phelan, D.J., 2011, Geology, hydrology, and water quality of the Little Blackwater River watershed, Dorchester County, Maryland, 2006–09: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2011–5054, 82 p.
Raffensperger, J.P., Fleming, B.J., Banks, W.S.L., Horn, M.A., Nardi, M.R., and Andreasen, D.C., 2010, Simulation of groundwater flow to assess future withdrawals associated with Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2010–5186, 48 p.
Boutt, D.F., and B. J. Fleming, (2009), Implications of anthropogenic river stage fluctuations on mass transport in a valley fill aquifer. Water Resources Research, 45, W04427, doi:10.1029/2007WR006526.
Fleming, B.J., 2009, Hydrology of the Little Blackwater River Watershed, Dorchester County, Maryland, Invited Talk at the Chesapeake Marshlands National Wildlife Refuge Complex Sixth Annual Science Meeting, Abstract, p.6
Fleming, B.J., Boutt, D.F., 2007, Determining water fluxes across surface water/groundwater interfaces using temperature data and numerical models. Eos Trans. AGU 88(52), Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract H13D-1547
Fleming, B.J., Boutt, D.F., Mabee, S B., 2006, Implications of Diurnal River Fluctuations on Mass Transport in a Valley Fill Aquifer. Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, Vol. 38, No. 7, p. 468